From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2010 10:59:18 -0500
Before 2008 I was using the C line.  Be careful tuning up the T4XC.  On 20
meters, the gain was high enough that the finals had a tendency to
self-oscillate, especially if the loading control was in the left half of
its range.  On 20 meters, you should expect to tune up with the loading
control at 12 or 1 o'clock, rather than starting from minimum as you might
do on the lower bands.  When I first got the rig, I blew up some parts
making that mistake, in about 1982.  After that was fixed, I got 25 years of
good service out of it, although the bandswitch started to go.  I was
getting nearly 140 watts out of it on 20 meters, and closer to 100 watts on
80 and 10.

Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls