From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:01:53 -0800
HI Danny,
It was wonderful to heqar from you.

I just bought some more goodies from Martin Lynch & Sons in England.

A few years ago I had ordered the Radio Mate keypad for use with Yaesu rigs.

I'd also ordered the Wonder Wand qrp antenna Mark IV. With comes a little
box with a tuned counterpoise.

Unfortunately, tyhey'd forgotten tosend me that particular gadget.

Last week I ordered the tunable counterpoise unit plus another Wonder
product called the multibander antenna which is supposed to gofrom 80 meters
up to 450 mhz.

I'll report on how these work with the Icom IC703 plus.

The whole setup wasn't cheap but then again you can't get these products
over here.

I also have a Miracle Whip from Universal Radio for comparison.

Right now I'm having problems with my Kenwood setup.

I have two Hy Power shortened dipoles on my balcony for 20 meters. One is
slightly longer than the other one.

A few weeks ago I tried to check into the Sunday ham net, hit the tuner
button on the Kenwood and got an ok in CW.

Now every time I try the tuner on either of these antennas I get an
impossibly high swr reading. In fact the rig sends that in CW.

I have no idea what has changed! I'm actually quite frustrated and teed off.

I'm having someone come over soon with an antenna analyzer to see if he can
sort out the problem.

All I want to do is work some low power CW and SSB from my apartment
location. Is that too much to ask?

Have a great Thanksgiving.

I already have an Icom cable with the right connector on one end for the rig
and a DB9 I think on the other end.

Thanks as always for your fine help and advice.

73,

Eric
KU3I

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5646 (20101124) __________