From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:00:22 -0500
I very oddly had an issue, more around 10 meters to 15, where I used to live
where the number of things plugged in and turned on could move noise up and
down the band. there wasn't any one thing that did it or anything but at
night if I wanted to talk to a group I often talked to on 10 meters, I had
to make sure all 3 air conditioners weren't turned on, after a while we
moved down to the tech portion of the band, to a frequency I had to make
sure either all 3 AC's were on, or a VCR was unplugged, there was something
else too that I had to make sure was off. really though, I could turn things
on and off all around the house and watch the noise go up and down the band,
it was about every 20 KC's I'd hear it but I could move it little by little
based on what I turned on and off, the higher powered devices moved it more
than the lower powered devices. It was very strange. I don't dare get on 10
meters in the apartment I'm in now, not to mention all I have up is a G5RV
and they're horrible on 10, 12, and 15 meters, in my opinion. My old A99
vertical was a lot better but I don't dare put one of them up here. I don't
seem to run in to a situation like that here and honestly, I'm shocked with
everything around me.