From:
Howard Traxler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard Traxler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 02:53:08 -0500
Walter, here's what it is:

It's a very small circuit board about an inch by maybe two inches, packed
with components.  It has a set of DIP switches to set its output frequency.
It comes with a box of about the appropriate size containing a rotary switch
and a cable hanging off it.  The cable is to be plugged into the board which
then makes the rotary switch control the output frequency externally.  There
is some paperwork with it.

I bought it to connect to my Midland 13-510 two meter transceiver because
all the repeaters here require a so-called "PL" sub-audible tone.  Whether
or not it is appropriate for the 440, I really have no idea.  I don't think
I'm technician enough to install it an any radio.  If I were to use it, I'd
have to find someone to hook it up for me.  I trust that it is a working
device because I trust the guy I bought it from--I have not done anything
with it myself.

I would let it go for $30 (PayPal) postage paid, no return.  I cannot
guarantee this thing as I have had no experience with it.  I trust that it
is OK, but it just as well might not be.  Let me know if you're interested.

The Other Howard, WA9RYF