From:
Eric Clegg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 19:11:43 -0700
HI Johnm
There are two keypads that can work with the Yaesu FT817ND or the 897D or
the 857.

One comes from Britain and is called the Radio mate.

the latest version has capability for 40 memories in itself.

The other keypad is the Millenium qsyer.

It can output some of its features in CW such as mode and frequency.

Unfortunately it has no control of the memories in the radio at all.

I also understand from talking with Debbie Norling that the older verwsion
of the commander software can be used to control the Yaesu FT817nd.

It sort of works with Jaws.

There are various antennas that will work with the radio such as the MP1
from Super antennas and the Miracle Whip.

I own both keypads. It will be soon time to buy a Yaesu FT817ND rig.

Call me if you need more infor.

Best 73's,

Eric
KU3I