From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:57:02 -0600
My G5RV is only up about 35 feet until I get the rest of my antennas on the
tower in the next few weeks but I've had several months to compare antennas.
The G5RV is better on nearly every band than the vertical which is on the
roof with the base at 20 feet.  Once and awhile, on 17 or 12 or 10 meters,
the vertical is slightly better but this is a common characteristic of the
G5RV due to multiple wave lengths the higher in frequency you go.  I've used
the R7 vertical independently for many years when I couldn't afford any
other antennas and I was always quite satisfied with its performance but if
I could use one or the other on all bands, it would be the G5RV if, that is,
I could have the G5RV up 35 or 40 feet and preferably higher.

Phil.
K0NX