VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2012 16:26:14 -0500
7bit
From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Ubuntu is a Linux distro. Although Ubuntu is accessible out of the box,
e.g. you can hit the control+s key to bring up Orca, the screen reader
for Linux desktops, and install Ubuntu without any sighted assistance, I
run a variance of Ubuntu called Vinux, which is tailored for the blind.
It has a few more accessible applications on it, and some other features
are configured out of the box for a better user experience for the blind
user. You can find out more about Vinux at: http://vinuxproject.org/

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail