VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2011 00:03:53 -0400
From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Ok Becky, I am not Harry and this is not a phone call. Big smile inserted
here

I have no idea what amount of money you want to spend to upgrade your
computer. I will go from the cheapest to the most expensive.

You can get a DVD drive for $16 to $36.

See http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=55

If you do the work yourself or a friend that will be free. To get a
qualified tech to install the drive  like the Geek Squad at Best buy will
set you back $100 plus.

Installing memory is cheep and you guessed it the cost lies in the labor.

To make the move from VISTA to Windows 7 the starting price is $119 and it
goes up from there.

Take a look at this link for the various versions of Windows 7 and keep in
mind Windows 8 is hot on Window 7's heals. (Soon to be released)  Each
version has different computer requirements.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=window+7

The life of a computer is five years and you say yours is 3 years old.

My recommendation to you is buy your dream machine now.