Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2010 20:06:53 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
What are you kickin' about Harv?  The insurance companies already do
that--and you don't have to be an oldster like me!

1.  My good friend John De Prisco KA1SYT now SK, had severe epilepsy and a
brain tumor. Medications were keeping him alive for years.  But when he was
talked into (over my objections) enrolling in Medicaid managed care (a Bush
reform) they changed his medications, removed his monthly monitoring and
presto changeo!  in 3 months, he died.  Oh well, one less professional eater
for the 'culture of lifers' to pay for!!!!

2.  Another friend of mine (not a ham) had cancer of the kidney.  They
removed the affected kidney and he could have been fine--except for one
thing.  He needed to get radiation treatments to the area around where the
kidney had been removed.  One problem: In 1995 the Gingrich revolution
un-mandated some Medicaid services--one of which was Medicaid
transportation.  As a result, the newly elected Republican Governor George
Pitaki, made major cuts in that program.  As a result, my friend was put on
a waiting list for the transportation.  Three months later, he was finally
granted the service.  But without the immediate treatment, the cancer had
began reoccurring; 6 months later: presto! Changeo! he's also dead! that's 2
down and about 20 million more to go?

Want to hear about 50 more? I think not.