Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 2010 08:15:16 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
tom behler <[log in to unmask]>
        Richard and all:

Am writing to you from the Michigan QTH.

Just got here late last evening, but the house is empty, and our stuff will
not arrive from the movers till Tuesday or Wednesday.

So, lots of settling in and adjusting to do here.

Regarding the antenna situation, my first goal will be to get the Alpha
Delta DXCC up, but I also want something that will do better than the DXCC
on 80, and that will work on 160, since I have never operated on that band
throughout my ham career.

Am leaning right now toward the Carolina Windom 160 that is made by
radioworks.  It is 265 feet long, but can be put up in a number of
configurations such as a flat top, an inverted Vee, and inverted U.  There
are also ways to put it up as an off-center fed system.

www.radioworks.com

Have heard and read lots of good things about this antenna, and do need
something that will readily stand up to the rough northern Michigan winters.

Have not totally made the decision yet, but am leaning in that direction.

I have already gotten offers of help putting things up, but have to get
settled in other ways first.

Will keep everyone posted.

73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ