From:
Kathy Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:55:41 -0700

I have been on this listserv for about seven years and without the help of my son, Chris, I would have never been able to learn the technology necessary to figure out how to feed and care for his little sister who was diagnosed with CD at age 16. This list has been a great source of information for me and I still go to it regularly for advice. This year, my son's girlfriend was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis and she found herself in the same quandary I had when my daughter was diagnosed with celiac. So many questions and not so many resources! Callyo is great new service created by my son Chris for recording calls to/from your doctors to listen to test results, consultations, etc. at a later time. You get a new local (US) number that is linked to your home or mobile phone. I'm using it now and you can request an invitation yourself at http://callyo.com/

Chris also set up a facebook page called Ankylosing Spondilitis Answers http://answers.ankylosing.org to help his girlfriend and others suffering from this debilitating disease. This site is free to anyone who wants to use it. Could he have been inspired by watching me online with our celiac listserv group?

Thanks

Kathy B