From:
Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 09:41:35 -0500

Hi

I'm not new to the list, but have off and on dabbled in paleo. I also would
 like to lose weight using paleo.
I'm surprised at the admonition that you have to monitor your ketosis, your
 potassium and your glucose. I thought being in ketosis from low carb
wouldn't  put you in a dangerous state. Are you all in continuous ketosis and do
you  all regularly monitor? Makes me worry about being in ketosis. Is there
any  other way to lose weight on paleo other than being in  ketosis.

Thanks, Sandy

I hope that gives you the information you wanted. Please be sure to  monitor
your potassium (and use iodized sea salt). I would also encourage you  to
monitor your ketosis with Ketostix and your fasting glucose. If you are  in
ketosis with your fasting glucose at or above 100, please consult with  an
endocrinologist

In a message dated 12/27/2011 10:27:35 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,