From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 21:16:03 +0000
Cortisol production is a *cause* of gluconeogenesis. That is, cortisol is one of the hormones (along with glucagon) used to tell the liver to release glucose and/or do gluconeogenesis. It's a "fight or flight" hormone, which is why some of us feel edgy when carbs go low beyond a certain point. I found that even after weeks of zero carb, I'd never quite lose that edgy feeling.

Todd Moody