From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:21:06 -0400
TK880 is a UHF mobile, 450 to 490 but will go in to 440, the top of the
band, the receiver goes away around 445 but transmitter will go about to the
bottom of the repeater segment of the band.
The Motorola LCS2000 I have available is 10 channels, 15 watts, I know it
will do repeaters, not sure if it will to talk around, (simplex to those who
don't know commercial gear), I do know the GTX900 will do it though and this
is the same radio with a fancier front panel on it, better receive,  and a
few more features, no features that hams need be concerned with so it
probably will, I'm the only one to try these radios around here though and I
upgraded to a 30 watt radio with a lot more memory channels before playing
that far in it and haven't had time to go back and play around with the
LCS2000. I really liked it though when I ran one, I had a bunch of these
things but have let a few go to people who hardly use them and if they do
get to playing with them and want changes, I'm the one who has to do it
around here because I'm about the only one with the software so they're all
programmed the same and no one that I know of has done much playing. I have
no complaints on the radio at all though, it will do what I wanted at the
time, as the band has grown here though in popularity 10 channels wasn't
enough and I wanted more power, while I had the antenna outside. When we
started and most areas that have 900 MHz, 10 channels is enough, I think New
England and CA are the only places it's really grown above that and even the
New England portion of it it's mostly MA, RI, NH, and the eastern side of
CT. I know there are a lot of other repeaters scattered throughout the
country I just don't know where exactly.