From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:23:18 -0400
I'm thinking about buying a vertical to use primarily on 20 through 6 meters.  I definitely don't want to mess around with radials, and right now, I'm considering one of three antennas:  the Cushcraft MA6VA, the Cushcraft R6000, and the Cushcraft R8.  I realize the R8 also works on 40, which doesn't particularly interest me, but I'm willing to consider it if it works significantly better than either of the other two antennas.

Do any of you have any experience with the antennas I've mentioned, or with any other verticals that don't use radials?  I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly, so don't hold back.

Steve