AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Emilie Songolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 2010 23:21:50 -0500
Dear All,

I hope you are enjoying the long week-end (if you don't have to work on week-ends).

I am delighted to inform you that Auntie Myriam and her husband Chet called us this morning (Sunday 9/05). They have been admitted at the Burumgrad Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand where Auntie Myriam is receiving good medical treatment and care. Her condition is improving slowly. She asked me to thank all AAM members on her behalf for the prayers, the phone calls, emails, and good wishes. Without any support network in Laos or in Thailand, she said that YOU, her Madison family, have been helping her stay positive and hopeful at a time of serious illness away from home. She is not out of the woods yet, but she is feeling better. She asked to continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She kept thanking God for herself and for all of us. She said she thinks of us all the time.

She and Chet will be at the Burumgrad Hospital for a few more days. Then, they will move to a hotel for a couple of weeks until she recovers fully. Their phone number is the same that was shared in earlier emails on this forum (011-856-20-99-13-02-03).

May Auntie Myriam's health be restored very soon.

In gratitude,
--Emilie