VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:26:26 -0700
Dan:
After playing with MSE a bit, I've discovered that the software does not always automatically update itself, resulting in the "Computer Potentially Unprotected" message that you and others have received. However, it will update itself if you either 1) run a full system scan; or 2) manually update it from inside the software itself.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.
---- dan Kerstetter <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
You're probably getting the PC potentially unprotected message because, for
some reason, MSE likes to do it after about three days or so of not
scanning.  Also I would make sure you're set to run a full scan.

To find your history, press enter on the pc status button.  Tab till you
hear either home button or home tab.  Then press control tab until you get
to history.  You can tab and make sure the quarantined items is checked.
Tab again and if there's anything to be seen you'll see a list of items
there.  Tab until you see a remove all button and press the space bar.  From
there you can exit the program with alt f4.

HTH

Dan