VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 07:03:40 -0400
First of all, Thanks to everyone for their responses both on and off list
as well as for the offers of conversion.

There have been a lot of good suggestions.  One not mentioned, and
suggested on the Blindtech list, is a site
www.zamzar.com

This is a very interesting online tool which will allow one to submit a
file, in any of many forms, and have it converted into any of a number of
formats including html and rtf.

I have to play with ZamZar a bit more, but to this point, I like what it
does and its potential.
It not only took a .xls submission, but gave it back to me in a very
readable table which I was able to view in ie8.
It also took a large (over 20mb) pdf and converted it within a matter of a
few seconds.

I'am definitely bookmarking this one for potential further use down the
road if needed.

Once again, thanks to everyone.

 The Bible is alive, it speaks to me; it has feet, it runs after me; it has
hands, it lays hold on me.
 Martin Luther

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]