VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Megan McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2010 12:06:15 -0700
Harry,

I love it.  It reminds me of a time when our RP and Usher group was trying to find a hotel for our annual social in St Louis several years ago. (The social is hosted in a different city in North America each year) So, one of the organizers called a hotel to enquire about booking rooms in the hotel for our blind and low vision group. She was shocked when she was told that "we are not equipped to deal with blind people"! The group ended up going elsewhere, since we were looking at different places to get the best rates, but letters were sent to the management and head office people.

I've had my share of times where people didn't want to let me in places with my guide dog.

Megan McHugh