VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Megan McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Megan McHugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 07:27:05 -0700
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the list. I have Usher Syndrome / RP so am gradually losing my vision. I'm in the process of moving to using JAWS as my vision continues to deteriorate.

I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer regarding Windows Media Player version 11 and JAWS. A blind friend asked me about a problem they had using WMP 11 with JAWS.

JAWS keeps saying "Visualization" over and over again, while using Windows Media Player version 11 to listen to music. I guess what's happening is that the JAWS is reacting to the visualization effects going on in WMP and announcing that the Visualizations are "doing something", which is a total nuisance when trying to listen to whatever is playing.

Does anyone know how to disable the visualizations in WMP 11 or if there are any configurations in JAWS that will make JAWS ignore the visualizations and not announce them?  It appears easy to disable the visualizations in older versions of WMP but in version 11, it is apparently a lot more complicated.

Thanks for any advice or info,
Megan McHugh

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]