VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:18:35 -0700
Dory,

I'm using Jaws. In earlier versions, I think I had to use the review cursor
at some point, but the process is the same and should work for you.

1. Move focus out of an open message.

2. Go to Tools.

3. go to Message Rules.

4. Go to Mail.

5. Press enter on New.

6. The dialog box that opens is where you make your rule, which is an "if
... then ..." proposition.

A. The first item in the dialog box is the "if." arrow through your options
and check the one you want by pressing the spacebar.

B. Tab to the next item in the dialog box, which is the "then." Arrow
through your options and check the one you want with the spacebar.

C. Tab to the next item in the dialog box, and arrow through it. It contains
your if and your then statements. Press enter on each, type the information
in the edit field, and press OK or Add, whatever your options are. For
example, let's say the if statement is "messages with certain words in the
To field." Press enter on that, and type the name of a discussion list; then
tab to add. When you get back to the previous screen, arrow down to your
then statement, which is probably "send to a specified folder," press enter,
find the folder in a tree view, and press enter on OK.

D. Tab to the next item in the dialog box, and type the name of the rule
(e.g., vicug-L Messages).

E. Tab to OK and enter on that. I think you need to do that in the next
screen as well.

7. Things are fuzzy for me thereafter. Tab through the various screens that
come up and hit OK whenever you get a chance. Eventually you get back out to
Rules. At that point you're done. I used to have trouble because I'd forget
an OK on my way out, so check and make sure you get them all.

Good luck.

ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]