VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Stevenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Mar 2009 11:24:48 -0700
Hi.

What are all those strange characters starting with =?

They seem to clutter up posts with mime attached html.
They are generated by Winblow$ and its email programs,
and unix can not decode them.

I would much appreciate a copy of this post
without the strange chars starting with =?

--

To iliminate those strange = chars,
Please answer in plain text, not mime attached html.

Thanks much again as always.
Jim

Please forgive if you really want to attach html
and are using its features.

Do you know that you are posting in mime attached duplicate html?
Can you please explain why the mime attached html?
If so, may I please ask  which mail program is creating these html attachments,
under which OS, and why?
I am absolutely certain that it is not my mail program, or anything on my end,
though your mail program may hide them from you.
This is why others may not have pointed out the mime attached html problem.

Your mime attached html post, which I have appended,
is exactly what I received.

Are you using html to display anything other than plain text?
Unless you really are using the html features,
the defaults should be set to both post and answer in plain text,
or uuencode, if plain text is not an option.
your answer mode should also be set to
answer in plain text, or answer in uuencode,
not to answer in kind.

I am most concerned about viruses in unintended attachments.

If you must quote me, please put your comments first.
I have already listened to mine.

I read email with speech,
So it is not possible to scroll past the html and quotes
without listening to them again,
and the mime code after the header is not speech friendly.
to quickly get to the new information.
The mime attached html is far from speech friendly!

--

Thanks much again as always.