From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 2009 20:51:07 -0500
Gregg, "I followed all instructions from HP" is not clear.

Do you mean that you followed all the instructions from HP that came with the printer and were written at a time when Windows ME was
the standard operating system?

Or, do you mean that you went to the HP web site and downloaded and installed the latest drivers for your printer model that were
made to work with XP Pro?

If the former, then you should do the latter.  If the latter, then you might try running a Windows Update as it might find the
appropriate driver for your printer.

And, you might try plugging the USB cable into a different USB port if you have more than one, just in case the port is bad or has
weak power.

Good Luck,

Dean Kukral

PS:  When I "upgraded" from XP to Vista, my HP printer (three years old!) became obsolete on my computer because HP would not
support Vista on that printer by writing new drivers for it.  I gave it to a friend...  Shame on me, I was stupid enough to go out
and buy another HP printer!!!  :)