From:
David Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Dec 2011 11:00:12 -0800
-----Original Message-----
From: Paleolithic Eating Support List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Robert Kesterson
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2011 10:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: The New Year and wanting to loss weight

On 12/28/2011 11:49 AM, Don Wiss wrote:
> There is a place to discuss the article. No comments yet. I would
> think one should read the entire article before commenting.
>
> http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/28/why-lost-pounds-come-back/

Two factors always seem to be ignored or downplayed. Everyone has internal
body image programs. Whenever the body changes it always brings up feelings.
Some of those feelings can be fear based that create "sabotage" and increase
cravings for certain foods.
The other factor besides mental programs is bacterial/viral/parasitical. We
all have internal bacteria and viruses that can create cravings that makes
us think "I want" something.
A good example is Toxoplasma gondii in rats and mice. The parasite rewires
rodent brains to attract them to cats so the parasite can reproduce in the
gut of the cat.  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11007336
Our gut bacteria effect us in more ways than we think/.
http://www.phentermine.org/phentermine/2011/01/want-to-lose-weight-how-about
-fecal-transplant/

So the question is... Who or what is craving that non- paleo food?