From:
Joyce Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joyce Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2011 13:18:19 -0400

Has anyone had any experience with elevated TTG even one year after
strict GF diet?

My daughter, 10 years old, had a ttg of 198 when she was diagnosed July
2010.  It's been a roller coaster ride for the past year.   We have done
everything possible - strict GF in the house, new pots/pans, reviews
with school procedures.  Her last test a year later was ttg 120.
Nutritionist can't also figure out where gluten is coming from.  Despite
ttg numbers, my daughter is now asymptomatic - gained 11 pounds last
year, no more stomach aches and head aches.  She does have elevated
thyroid antibodies and was diagnosed with Hashimoto's this past summer.
Is there such thing as false positive?  Could elevated thyroid
antibodies contribute to high ttg?  Anyone have any experience with
this?  Nutritionist says that if she does not come down, we will have to
do a restricted diet with no processed foods.  I will summarize.

Thanks.