From:
Cece Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cece Hilliard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2011 15:35:01 -0600

I want to share an experience I had in the San Francisco area in December.  We went for a visit to our son's place in Mountain View, CA.  We ate every meal out since our son has no cooking utensils in his kitchen (he's single and hates to cook).  Several meals were in San Francisco and San Jose.  Each time we called ahead to ask about gluten free items and were told by each restaurant that we ate in that they understood about gluten free issues.  When we got to each one I tried to ask about cross-contamination but did not feel like any restaurant actually listened.  To make a long story short, I got sicker than I have been since being diagnosed seven years ago.  Later my son noted that in California gluten free has become something of a fad diet and that may have been why the restaurants kept saying they knew about gf but obviously not about cross-contamination.  So for anyone going to that area (or maybe any where in Calif) be careful and try to get them to listen to you abo
ut cross-contamination.
Cece

*******
*******