From:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynda Swink <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:36:56 -0500

I have to say that I am concerned about the use of the term "Pre-Celiac"
by the Dr. in the Woman's Day Article.

Dangerous term if you ask me, and I'm not certain it is possible... is it?

Never-the-less, telling someone they are pre-celiac makes as much
medical sense as telling someone they are pre-diabetic.
Why?  Because (almost) any type two diabetic was told at some point they
were pre-diabetic and if they are honest with
themselves, they said "OK" and went right on with their current
lifestyle simply because  "...they were not there yet."

When you get a diagnosis of "Pre" anything it just does not have the
impact of being told you ARE.  Am I right?  We need to
take our health seriously and somehow "Pre" just doesn't get us to the
SERIOUSLY frame of mind.

Just my two cents for what it is worth,
Lynda Swink

P.S.  I speak about TYPE 2 diabetes and the "pre" notion from a been
there done that point of view, so please don't tell me
I don't know, and kindly remember that I used the term (almost) in my
statement as well.  Thanks!    ; D