From:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelli Schulenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:55:47 -0800

Thank you to everyone who responded to my question about my skin being broke out/itchy/red due to accidentally consuming gluten.

I had quite a few responses:

The overwhelming majority of you said it's Dermatitis Herpetiformis and Dapsone works as a prescription for it.

The rest of my responses were the following:

Keep iodine to a minimum
Coconut, olive, or almond oil works well
Caladryl, the topical version of Benadryl
Tea tree oil
Lots of water
Reduce sugar intake
Crisco
Calamine lotion
Warm compress and Pond’s cold cream
OTC Cortisone cream
Arbonne products are GF
Aczone gel prescription
Benadryl cream for itchiness
www.bettercontrolofhealth.com home test kits to see if it’s something besides gluten causing the reaction

I appreciate everyone's responses.  My skin is getting better, less itchy now.  I also think I have sensitivity to soy, which is something new for me.  I have been GF for nearly 10 years and am very diligent about what I put in my mouth and on my body.  I'm giving my skin some time to adjust to being soy-free, to see if it clears up, then I'm going to introduce soy back in and see what happens.

Thanks again for everyone's responses.

Kelli in WY
www.projectmmh.org
http://meetmehalfway.jimmywayne.com