From:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jan Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 2010 12:44:18 -0400

I received a few more comments on the lipstick issue...

"A caution about Burt's Bees-- go to http://glutenfreecosmeticcounter.blogspot.com/2009/04/burts-bees-gluten-free-list.html
for a discussion.  Apparently they no longer consider everything they make to be GF-- you need to call on each product because of possible contamination by suppliers."

"Read Gluten Free Living’s (I believe it was in that magazine) article on Lipstick and you will find that you can use any brand that you want.  The risk of you eating the lipstick off your lips or on food and the miniscule amount of gluten that could possibly be in it and it getting to your small intestine is so very, very, very small that you can use any lipstick that you want.  You can probably find the article on the internet somewhere.

Also, search the archives as you said, this has been on the listserve before umpteen times and the lipstick industry has not changed....

Archives       http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?LIST=CELIAC

Jan
Please don't send me any more info, I'm done.....