From:
Diane DellaMonica <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:37:42 -0700

I recently attended a wedding at the AquaTurf in Southington, CT.  Not wanting to bother the bride, I took matters into my own hands and called the facility itself about 2 weeks prior to the event.  I spoke with someone on the phone who said he was very familiar with celiac disease and gluten free food and that he would personally take care of everything for me and that I need not say anything to the bride, he would deal with it. He asked me what my choice of the offered entrees was and said that it would be prepared gluten free. When I got to the reception, sure enough, there was a little card reading "gluten free" that I was to place on my cup, and I did point it out to my server. I asked for a salad without croutons and as the pasta course was being served, got up from the table.  Upon sitting back down, after every one had eaten their pasta, I realized there was a plate of pasta sitting in front of me.  I offered it to my neighbor who said "No.
 That's yours.  It's gluten free."  I had no idea that they would be so accommodating. I had discussed just the entree, thinking I would just pass on the pasta course. It indeed was gluten free pasta and delicious, as was the GF chicken dish that followed. I have since contacted them, thanking them and telling them how thrilled I am to have someone go just that little bit further. It's wonderful to know that we now have so many options for dining and events right in our own area.

I have no interest in this company except as a patron.