From:
Lois Sulka <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 06:05:41 -0400

Thanks to all who responded.  This was a great response - thanks to all of you who took the time to respond. You have given us all a "treasure" of bread resources and now you will have even more recipes to add to yours!  Lois S.

Below is a summary of replies for awesome homemade bread recipes:

a awesome gluten free bread great price great test
http://www.glutenfreepalace.com/Gluten_free_Bread_p/k9224.htm

http://home.comcast.net/~vhdolcourt/gfbaking/breads/Potato%20rolls.html
I love this recipe that I make as a bread and use my own GF flour mix.

Bread from Anna mix. You can order on line. Wholesome and delicious. Like whole wheat bread. (2 people recommended this)

My new favorite breads: http://beyondriceandtofu.com/category/bread-2/

Bette Hagman's Butter Batter and "Rice Dream" (use a different brand, though) breads, both in her "More From the GF Gourmet" book.

If you're willing to use a mix, I find Pamela's Bread mix tops.

The best bread recipe I have made in 20 years comes from the cookbook "Healthy Bread in five Minutes a Day" by Zoe Francois & Jeff Hertzberg.  They have one GF
chapter in the book, and the Gluten-Free Crusty Boule is amazing, and works best if baked using the cloche method (I use a Le Creuset dutch oven).  Here is a
link to their website with the recipe....give it a try! http://www.artisanbreadinfive.com/?p=1396

I have been on a continuous quest for the perfect gluten free bread, and I think I have found a few that are worth passing along! My newest favorite is from a book called "Healthy Bread in Five Minutes A Day" by Jeff Hertzberg and Zoe Francois. It is available on Amazon and at Borders. There is only one chapter of the book for gluten free breads, but there are several ideas throughout the book for how to use the basic doughs that you can make. They have a site that you should check out if you are interested. www.artisanbreadinfive.com They give a recipe for their gluten free crusty boule dough, which can be made into an artisan-style loaf, baguettes, breadsticks or pizza crust. There is a really good amount of information on their site, but I am glad I bought the book!

I have also enjoyed this bread: http://gingerlemongirl.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-favorite-gluten-free-sandwich-bread.html   Missy

If you're looking for a cheater's way out (that would be me), we've had huge success with Gluten Free Pantry sandwich bread mix.  I don't have a bread machine so I squish all the ingredients by hand for 3 minutes and scrape it into a bread pan.  Delicious!  And no toasting required.  Sharon H.