From:
Ed Malmgren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2010 16:18:57 -0600
Howdy Howard.  I don't know how cost effective doing it yourself is for most
folks.  The cost of the gear to do the job is around 60 bucks which is a lot
unless you use a lot of them.  You need, Crimpers, strippers and cutting
pliers to make the job easy.  Some folks don't like to solder the center
conductor but I don't mind a burned finger occasionally, no sense, no
feelings some would say.  I like working with antennas and use a lot.  The
normal Pl 259s are a bunch harder to do with having to solder the shield
which I have done but don't like the job I do.  The crimping way sure works
nicely.  I use a 100/140  Weller gun for the job.  I think if you want to do
it you just have to practice but it is not hard at all.  I would be happy to
help anyone but don't know how to do the tutorial.  Long winded Huh?  73
Ed  K7UC