From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 22:18:42 -0400
I had someone check my work with the SB200 when I used it at the old QTH and
tuning for max output put me very close to where I should have been on all
meters every time. What I was told by the person who checked it, who is
someone I trust probably more than anyone with stuff like that there is, as
close as I was doing that, with the 572B's in it I wasn't doing any damage
and should get a lot of years out of it. Sadly with the move I'm not even
trying to run the amp here so it's sitting right now and may be sold in the
coming months, but when I was running it, for that amp, I was in good shape.
Then though I lived in a single family house with 1/4 of a mile to one side
before a neighbor's house and a good 200 yards on the other side of us,
where I live now, I'm in a 4 unit apartment building, about 20 feet from
another one, with a bunch more all around me well within that 1/4 or so of a
mile that used to be between me and the neighbors, all very old buildings so
I'm just taking my 100 watts and running with it.