AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dick Lowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2012 19:04:37 -0400
Dear Joe - Greetings!!

Of course you're right.  The MAIN purpose of the "AAM Master Calendar"
is to inform as many members of the community as possible of on-going
and special events during the year AND to "minimize scheduling
conflicts".

Ideally the Master Calendar would come out in January so everyone would
have infor for the entire year.  The reality is that most MACON groups
and non-MACON groups of our Community do not provide information before
or during January.  Emails are sent out beginning in January and
frequently within the first six months to attempt to collect as much
information as possible - thus Draft One. Draft Two, Draft Three, etc.
etc. etc.

The AAM Master List is only as good as it's members make it by sending
information in in a timely manner.

Sometimes the AAM Board makes decisions about on-going or new events
after January and these events have to be added to the Master Calendar.
  This is what happened with the inclusion of a Membership meeting in
June.  Such a meeting is (as I'm sure you're aware very much within the
scope of the AAM Bye-Laws).  It was unfortunate that the date selected
conflicted with an already announced picnic event.  Therefore the AAM
President informed the Commmunications committee that the meeting would
not be held at the end of June.  Another date may be selected by the
BOD and added to the calendar at a later date.  There may be a need for
a Draft 5 or Darft 6 before the year is over.

Hope you're having a great spring.

For and on behalf of the Chair of the Communications Committee
R. Lowe, member of the Com. Com.