AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
PETER W VAKUNTA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2012 08:42:50 -0700

"LOST IN ABROAD"  The Movie By KC Eke, One of Our Own with an All-African Caste
Premieres This Saturday, April 14, 2012 at the Market Square Theater, 6604 Odana Road, Madison, WI.
Red Carpet at 8:00 pm.  Show starts at 9:00 pm.  Purchase your tickets now at $10.00 apiece, otherwise at the gate for $15.00.
For Tickets, go to www.LostinAbroad.com or call Ann Marie: 608-270-9910, Melvin: 608-658-3935, Richard: 608-239-7012, Ray: 608-658-8264.

Biya's  lame duck government should wage an all-out war on the
UNIVERSITY OF BONAMUSSADI!! This is where all this academic bullshit
is taking place in Cameroon. This numskull of a woman who claims she
obtained a PhD in nursing from Ahmadou University in Zaria-Nigeria
(ABU) should know that ABU is Nigeria's version of America's IVY
LEAGUE COLLEGES and you don't trifle with names like ABU.  A PhD in
nursing makes her a Physician? How bogus and stupid!

I have said repeatedly that Cameroonians have fallen from grace to
grass in every sense of the word. From the position of respected
Africans in the past on account of our probity, moral rectitude and
franc talk, Cameroonians have descended head long into the trashcan of
the community of humans. Our notorious badge is now: conmen, liars,
tricksters, double-speakers and plain thieves(I hear Cameroonians top
the list of shoplifters in the Maryland area).  The Mobangs have
shamed us enough with their eerie stories of fraud and unlawful
comportment here in the United States and elsewhere. What more do we
need to show the world that CAMEROON is the anathema of the African
Continent? SHAME ON US ALL!!

A couple of years ago, I was invited to a campus interview on one of
the college campuses in Atlanta. I had my rude shock when one of the
Deans I had to meet with told me point blank that the University had
rusticated many Cameroonians from their fold because they could not
produce transcripts from the Universities they claimed to have
attended. So, fellow Cameroonians, so much for national opprobrium! We
have descended to the status of skunks, to say the least. Each time I
hear sleazy stories about my compatriots like the ones narrated above,
I curse the heavenly stars that ordained my birth to happen in
CAMEROON. Seriously!

Prof Vakunta
United States Department of Defense Language Institute-California
http://www.vakunta.blogspot.com

--
Peter Wuteh Vakunta, Ph.D.
Asst Professor of Modern Languages

http://www.dliflc.edu
http://tinyurl.com/FacebookSLC
http://www.vakunta.blogspot.com

"Race is the least reliable information you can have about someone. It's
real information, but it tells you next to nothing."~Toni Morrison

"There is no agony like bearing an un told story inside you."~ Zora
Neale Hurston