From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2011 14:22:16 -0800

Dear Listmates,

Once per month our local newspaper - San Jose Mercury - distributes an
insert called Relish, and it is all about food. This month's issue (February
3) had an article about Shana James Ahern and Daniel Ahern as well as two of
their recipes. The recipes that were featured in the article are located
here:

(Bread)
http://www.relishmag.com/recipes/view/45980/crusty-bread-that-even-those.html
(Brownies)
http://www.relishmag.com/recipes/view/45991/gluten-free-chocolate-peanut.html

Unfortunately, I was not able to find the feature story on Relish's website.
Maybe you will have better luck.

I also noticed a GF Chocolate Chip cookie that made use of chickpea flour:
http://www.relishmag.com/recipes/view/35588/soul-dog-gluten-free-chocolate.html.
These should be pretty good because chocolate mates well with bean
flours.
But we actually haven't tried making any of these ourselves. The bread
recipe contains proportions of ingredients that I have found to be useful,
so I would predict that the bread will be entirely successful. The two main
differences that I see are that breads I successfully bake are baked 50
degrees F lower, and I tend to like breads much lower in fat and for that
reason don't cook with almond meal/flour. But that is a personal choice.

You might want to poke around the Relish website -  http://www.relish.com -
or take a look at what they have to say about gluten -
http://www.relishmag.com/article/44355.html .

Vic - Sunnyvale, CA