From:
Marla Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marla Richardson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2011 11:08:50 -0400

This wasn't my quote; I was the first paragraph only, ("For the thousandth
time..") but forgot to sign it. I actually disagree vehemently with this
statement.

I do, however, agree with you, Bev in Milwaukee. Maybe those who require
science to tell them how they feel will appreciate your comments. Cheers,
Marla

People differ on how they wish to
handle this sort of thing, but the scientific fact is that gluten affects
you only if it reaches your gut.

It might be interesting to note that celiac can be either a GI
disorder--characteristic villous damage without serum antibodies, OR a
systemic disorder--serum antibodies to gluten with or without GI damage.

It would seem entirely possible that those without a systemic reaction/no
serum antibodies might tolerate topical without adverse effect.  Keeping the
shampoo out of one's mouth with in the shower and avoiding breathing in
gluten-laced dander on your pillow cases would in incidental but technically
not a "topical."

That being said, I do don't wheat, rye or barley in any form and chose not
to support/vote with $$ for non-food products containing them.

Bev in Milwaukee

For the thousandth time -- and with all due respect to science -- gluten can
enter the body through all means, including skin, lungs, nose, etc. For
those of you who have never experienced this phenomenon, please stop saying
gluten has to touch your lips. It is simply not true. -Marla