ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brad Dunse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:00:03 -0600
Happy New Year. It is so tempting to want to know the trials and joys we'll
face in 2014, but for me at least, not knowing is a journey worth enjoying.
If I knew the trials ahead, I'd dread each day passing as I got closer, if I
knew of a joy to come, I think I'd be disappointed in it as the surprise
would be gone and my expectations might dilute reality, creating
disappointment. My favorite quote from the movie Titanic:

"Got everything I need right here with me. Got air in my lungs and a few
blank sheets of paper. I love waking up in the morning not knowing what's
going to happen, or who I'm going to meet, or where I'm going to wind up.
Just the other night I was sleeping underneath a bridge, and now here I am
on the grandest ship in the world having champagne with you fine people. I
figure life's a gift and I don't plan on wasting it. You never know what
hand you're going to get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at
ya, to make each day count." Character of Jack Dawson - Titanic