From:
Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:39:46 -0800
The CD drive will have a pinhole on the faceplate that will open the tray when a paperclip is pushed into it
Your system's failure to boot could be dozens of things: bad RAM, expansion card has come unseated, a bad power supply, bad board, etc.
   I would reseat all cards and memory and try a known-good power supply. If this does not work, try the board with one or more RAM chips replaced/removed.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 10, 2011, at 1:33 PM, Ronald Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an elderly desktop with  an AMD Athlon  XP 2000 Mhz cpu which refuses to boot, and the DVD drive emits eight blinks from its light before the machine switches off. The fan works, however. Does this mean the video card is not working, or is there some other problem? Also, what would be a way to extract a CD from the CD drive, which does not open?
> THanks for any suggestions,
>
> Ronald Smith
>

>            Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com