Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2011 23:58:04 -0500
About two years ago in summer, while doing the daily destruction of a
beaver dam, I was accosted by a grouse which (who?) tried to engage me
in conversation. Or maybe it was "laying the word on" me?
It was persistent, leaving only when I did and I got within 2 feet of it.

Previous relationship with grouse was as predator, but the local forest
is full of evergreens (balsam), so think they would taste bad (note the
foul taste of Norwegian spruce beer). Never shot any here.

William