Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2011 20:58:32 -0500
On 12/11/2011 04:41 PM, Keith Thomas wrote:
> Re: paleo web site and video "Minding Your Mitochondria"
> From: william<[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 12:29
>

> It's easy to overdose on iodine:
>
> http://www.theage.com.au/national/sushi-seaweed-linked-to-surge-in-thyroid-illness-20110730-1i5mm.html
>
> "According to the Food Standards Australia New Zealand,
> one sushi roll contains 92 micrograms (one millionth of a gram)
> of iodine. The recommended daily intake of iodine for adults is
> 150 micrograms (20,000th of a teaspoon).
>
> "The thyroid, a small butterfly-shaped gland in the lower
> part of the neck, needs iodine to produce essential
> hormones that regulate the metabolism.

150mcg is enough for the thyroid, so then how much is enough for the
breasts, ovaries, prostate, skin, brain, liver, gut, lungs, stomach etc.
There are iodine receptors in every cell of our bodies. Most of them
plugged with bromine which is plentiful in seaweed.

Beware the junk science, and note the iodophobia.
www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/pdfs/IOD16.pdf
http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-08/IOD_08.htm

I supplement with about 100 mg/day.
Others do much more.