Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 13:46:34 -0400

Part 2 of the waffle maker summary:

_*It's the batter or the oil*_:

1. Pamela's Baking and Pancake mix and Maple Grove GF Waffle Mix are
wonderful.  Frankly, nearly any waffle maker with a teflon
  coating will work well, especially if you use a good coating of
cooking spray (i.e. Pam) before pouring on your batter.  Good luck!

2. I will answer more than your immediate question because I have used
at least 2 separate waffle makers. My current one is a Cuisinart model
WAF 100. I can't remember the previous one.  I can probably find out,
but apparently it is your batter. I don't put in any sugar and
I do use plenty of oil in the batter. I use Pamela's Pancake and Waffle
Mix and I double her recipe because that way I freeze
  about 10-12 quarters for my own use during the week. That much batter
requires almost 1/4 cup oil/butter mix. I use 4 eggs.
I beat the whites with a hand mixer 'til they stand up. I know this is
all basic waffle but those points seem to me to be most likely
  "sticking points" .  Oh and I don't butter the waffle maker the melted
oil mixture goes into the batter. PS the former waffler was a Krups.

3. We use Kinnikinnick mix and the waffle work just like regular ones.
No sticking- taste great!

4. It probably is not the cause of the appliance. I always spray mine
with Pam. I am sending a recipe also.

        Rice Flour Pancakes: Beat 2 eggs, add 1 c buttermilk & mix.
Measure 1 c rice flour, add 2 tbsp sugar,
        2 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp baking soda.  Add dry ingredients
to liquid ingredients & mix. Add 2 tbsp melted butter.

        Sour Cream Belgian Waffle : ¼ butter, melted, 1 c milk, 1 ½ tsp
vanilla, 1 c sour cream,   2 eggs, dash salt, 2 tbsp sugar
       1 tbsp baking powder, ¼ tsp xanthan gum, 1 ½ c gf flour mix

        Mix with wire whisk and bake in waffle iron.

        GF Flour mix: 2 c brown rice flour, 2 c white rice flour, 1 1/2
        c sweet rice flour, 1 1/3 c tapioca starch, 2/3 c cornstarch,
        1/2 c rice bran and 2 tsp xanthan gum. Sift together several
        times. I usually 4x this recipe and keep extra in the freezer.
        Works well in all my old cookie & bar recipes - even rolled out
        sugar cookies. Sometimes I add an extra 2-4 tbsp if cookies seem
        too flat.

        Susan's Waffles: Beat 2 eggs, 1 ½ c sour milk or buttermilk , ¼
c vegetable oil. Add 2 c gf flour mix , ½ tsp salt , ¾ tsp baking soda,1
tsp baking powder
        Mix well. Bake in heated waffle iron. Fill waffle iron quite
full as they do not raise very much. Powdered buttermilk may be
substituted but it is not as tasty.

5. I use Pam and I use pancake mix. Works great!

6. I have used several and they all come out well once I learned to
spray them with Pam before I put the batter in and spray between waffles.
A real mess before I tried the pam. I have use a fork under the front
edge and they lift right up. I thought that I would not need to use
the spray and tried oil instead. I was sure that it would work but I was
wrong. Sounds dumb doesn't it? And I do not always use Pam,
I have used store brand sprays and they work just as well. I made
waffles tonight. I saw a recipe for creamed chicken on waffles and they
were great.

7. Yes, we use Robyn Ryberg's recipe from her cookbook, The Gluten-free
Kitchen. We use a nonstick waffle pan but spray it with oil first.
Works great. WE've had ours for several years, it looks like we bought
it at Wal-Mart. No name brand on it.

8. I do waffle all the time and never have problem extracting them using
an electric, Belgium waffle maker.
  Often I use the mesquite mix that Ruby Range used to make or just a
combination of almond meal and coconut flour for a big protien hit.

9. I have used various waffle recipes from pancake mixes successfully in
my GF waffle iron. I have one with non-stick grids and spray the grids with
Pam when I start. I have noticed any waffle will stick if it is not
cooked enough - it kind of tears apart.

*******
*******