ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 14:06:54 -0600
In my senior year of public high school, it was in English literature class,
one of which I hated because of all the boring reading, but one day I hit
upon a poem called, The Clouds, by Shelly.  I have it posted on my website
because I refer to it in one of my inner healing testimonies.
In a followup message, I offer the direct link to the real poem Shelly
wrote, that is, the good one.

One day, a few weeks ago, I was in a very weird mood and I ran across
Shelly's poem on the clouds and so I read it again.  I'm referring to "The
Cloud" by Percy Shelley 1820; his wife wrote Frankenstein; the only classic
I loved.  His poem is much longer than mine, of course, because I hated
poetry in high school, both reading and writing it.  Hence, I wrote poorly
but always got B grades in English classes.

As I was saying, I was in this odd mood, which I have no words to describe,
but after once again reading Shelly's poem on the clouds, I started to write
my own version but with more of a Christian flavor.  So below is my version
of the Clouds.

The Clouds

By Phil Scovell

I wish I was a cloud so high, a flock of birds rise to fly,
Over mountains peaks, land and sea, soaring to destiny.
Air so light with substance be, Silent ship sailing free,
Skies above so deep and blue, It couldn't be with effort do.
Changing shapes so differently, Never knowing what to be,
Floating so naturally, rain to fall they want to be.
Refreshing, cleanse the plain, renew the land so dry and totally,
Crops to grow and harvest be, thank the clouds eternally.
Made by God to sore so free, by His Word they were to be,
All the years they've come and gone, always present never wrong.
Even in the darkest night, silently they float aflight,
Change they will from time to time, if but a bell they would try to chime.
Always look to see their shape, Up we always look to see their state,
Never on the ground to be, but flying high infinity.
One of God's cloud, please make me be,
Fly so high, nearer God I want to be.