C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:22:59 +0100
On Tuesday 01 June 2010 17:52:12 Tamar Raine wrote:
> wow, I never knew there were absence seizures. I get these things, and go
> into staring into space, and the only way to get out of it is to force
> myself to blink or move my eyes.  usually i need to put my hand to tap my
> forehead or rub my eyes.
>

> Thanks,
> Tamar

I thought they were just periods where the brain makes alpha waves, a sort of
day dreaming where you're thinking of nothing in particular. Its probably a
good thing.

I did have "absence seizures" when I was young (they were called petit mal
then) which invariably resulted in twitching and falling, these brief "staring
into space" episodes don't feel the same.

Cheers

Deri