From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 14:12:50 -0500
> Hi Kristina,
>
> The lyme bacteria feeds mostly on glucose.  A ketogenic diet will kill
> off most of it and likely push the rest into dormancy. Keeping your
> carbs below 20 grams per day should do it.  After you are stable you
> can then experiment to determine what level of carb you can tolerate,
> if you feel the need.
>
> On the first round, with the massive die off, there will probably be
> substantial toxins released by the dying bacteria.  Take it easy on
> yourself.
>
> An all pemican diet would be one of the easy ways to do it that would
> require no fasting.
>
> My girlfriend has lyme and after 18 months, when a few rounds of
> antibiotics, herbal approaches, and anything else we could find, did
> not solve the problem, we started to do research.  Once we figured out
> that lyme needs glucose, she choose to take some time off and do a 10
> day reduced caloric ketogenic fast, limiting caloric intake to 400
> calories per day with no carbs.  The easiest way, for her, was to eat 5
> eggs a day, water, and nothing else.  The die off kicked her butt.
> Before starting the fast she had severe pain in most of her joints, and
> cloudy thinking.  There was noticeable improvement within a week.
>
> I can put you in touch if you would like to speak to her.
>
> Ben.

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the info. I would love to get in touch with your girlfriend.
However, I have been eating Paleo since 2003 and zero carb since July 2009
and it has not done a thing for me. I tried just pemmican as William
suggested because I am familiar with Delfuego's wife's recovery on it, but
didn't do it long enough I suppose. It seems no matter how drastically I
reduce carbs, I am feeding something. At least that's what it feels like.

Kristina