From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Sep 2010 19:33:14 -0400
I agree with everyone on the list that thinks both pre and post game
coverage is much too long.  I visited Baltimore, and one wrinkle they have
is that one station has an exclusive deal with the Ravens to televise them,
and they provide both pre and post game TV coverage.  But unfortunately,
this means that you don't get the second game of the double header if there
is one no matter how pivotal it might be in a division.  Sports is all made
for TV today.  Why do you think we have so damn many playoffs with mediocre
teams that by rights don't belong there, and the Superbowl keeps getting
moved back to accommodate them?  Next year they are thinking about changing
to a four game preseason schedule with two by weeks during the season.  It's
all about TV, suites, corporate sponsorships and corporate boxes all because
they have let salaries get totally out of hand.
Harvey