From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:50:30 -0600
I've been keeping up with the mail the last few days with my web phone while my computer was in the shop.  When I got it back yesterday, I discovered something different with Eloquence and, I'm assuming, it's settings.  If you are reading continuously, the volume level of Eloquence stays up and stable.  If I read letter by letter, or word by word, the volume level drops to a lower level making it much more difficult to hear and to understand.  It puts me of a mind of a power saving features where by as soon as there is no speech, the volume level, or device, shuts off.  I know it isn't that but I'm just trying to describe what it sounds like.  I've tried several things thus far with no luck but it seems hard to believe it would be other than a jaws setting somewhere I'm over looking.  Any ideas?

Phil.
KNOX