ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 08:12:55 -0500
No, Matt, there's nothing wrong in searching.  Like I said the LORD said
"Seek and you will find."  And "You will find me if you seek me with all
your heart."  The LORD does want us to keep looking, keep searching, and
keep trying to understand more about Him.  The difference as with so many
things in life is motivation. Why are they still searching, because they are
still looking for a clearer answer or because they don't like the answer
they get?

It's like a child who goes to his father for permission to do something he
wants to do but has no business doing.  The father says no, so the child
goes to the mother.  The mother gives another answer, but the child doesn't
like that answer either because she still doesn't give him permission to do
what he wants to do so he keeps going until a man in a car at the corner
says "Sure, come with me and you can have anything you want."

JESUS explains that He is the Good Shepherd and that anyone else who comes
is really the enemy of the sheep only out to harm them.  The LORD wants us
to choose life, not death, and Life can only be found in Him. If our
searching is honest, and genuine, He will eventually lead us to Himself.  If
our motives are for ourself or to avoid what little we know about Him for
our own ends, that's another thing altogether.

Paul