ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:47:28 -0600
Mat,

I think more appropriately the question "Do you think God will hold it
against them for exploring other paths before Christianity" and the answer
is yes. How do I know this confidently? Reading his word and seeing his
reaction towards people turning away to other gods or no gods. Imagine if
you will creating a people and all they needed to do was to obey your
simple command, and by not doing so, the dishonor you. And because you,
figuratively here playing the role of God, had already put in place the
punishment if they didn't obey. And being you are truth from whence all
truth is measured, you are the big kahoona, the top gun of all rules and
what you say goes and been you cannot go against what you have spoken to be
truth or you'd then be a liar and who knows what would happen then, but
because you provided life with a couple rules, and those rules were broken,
sin took place. You provided a way for people to redeem their sin by giving
a part of you, not only a son, not even an extra son, but your only son, to
die in place of those sins. And as he lay against the cross which he is
sacrificed, even then they are spitting, cursing and mocking your
sacrifice. After he is dead, and rose, and proven he was the Son of God,
the redemption of sin, they still mock, curse and deny your sacrifice and
you as well. They then say "Oh I think I'll worship a child abuser as
Mohammed and that will do, because I like it, yeah that's the ticket". Do
you think you'd be upset? Jealous? Angry? Saddened to know their outcome
should they wake up dead one day and find they have no more chances to
redeem their actions and ways and beliefs. As we say in cards, down is
down, what is played is played. There is no taking anything back and
playing the hand again. God knows this and sticks to it because it is his
word that says it and it is truth. So yes I believe that God would
indeed  feel it is wrong to choose another path than Christianity.

Brad