From:
Kristine Renee Penner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 00:05:41 -0700

In terms of the symptoms thing, again because I only logged on recently,
I don't know what product exactly Don Wiss had a problem with.  I know my
mom and I (she is also a celiac) have to be careful buying tortillas
because of the sulfites that Kemp mentioned. I would be interested to
here if others have had problems with sulfites.  It is much worse for my
mother than me.  Both of us experience a swelling in our fingers and kind
of a "black cloud" around the head feeling.  My mother's swelling is so
extreme the skin often breaks and bleeds, and sometimes causes her to
feel that she can't function. This happens when she drinks white wine
(all wines naturally contain sulfites, but white wines contain addition
artificially added sulfites).  Most recently we experienced it when there
was sulfites in a balsamic vinegar, which is usually safe.  That was a
long addendum to a short question, so just in case you forgot, the basic
question was:
Has anyone else had a problem with sulfites?

Sincerely,
Kristine

P.S. Which product was it that Don Wiss reacted to anyway?